Aarons is a light and airy, attractive barn conversion situated in a small hamlet in one of the finest areas of the Dartmoor National Park. Despite the secluded location, it is ideally located for exploring both Devon and Cornwall with the A30 only a short drive away.
The delightful ancient stannery town of Chagford, (two and a half miles) offers excellent shops, restaurants and pubs as well as the famous Gidleigh Park Hotel (two Michelin Stars). Along with glorious walking, riding, beautiful gardens and historic sites in the area, there is so much to do all year round. The National Trust’s Castle Drogo can be glimpsed from the house. Should you ever tire of the dramatic, compelling landscape of Dartmoor, then Devon’s oldest seaside town Exmouth, the gateway to the Jurassic Coast, which boasts two miles of sandy beach is an easy 30 mile drive and a World Heritage site. The coasts both North and South are easily reached.
The spectacular surfing beaches of North Cornwall and Devon are also easily accessed, as is Exeter, Devon’s capital city and home to the magnificent Exeter Cathedral. The shortest journey time from London, Paddington to Exeter, St Davids is 2 hours and Exeter is just over 18 miles away from the property.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Four bedrooms, an en-suite bathroom, family bathroom and further shower room.
- Wood burning stove.
- Fully enclosed rear garden with garden furniture and barbecue.
- Off street parking for three vehicles.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Electric double oven with halogen hob, larder fridge, freezer, microwave and dishwasher.
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Smart TV with freeview, DVD/CD player.
- Mobile telephone.
- Two travel cots and two high chairs (please request) along with a children’s table and chairs, toy box and outdoor toddler toys.
- Garage available for secure storage of bikes and leisure equipment.
- Visit My Personal Sanctuary to book in a relaxing spa treatment.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- High Moorland Visitors Centre, Princeton. Lots of information on places to go, things to do and the center displays give a unique insight into Dartmoor.
- TORS, with Dartmoor’s famous hidden letterboxes – start with Cranmere Pool, the ancestor of all letterboxes.
- Castle Drogo, Drewsteignton (NT) fascinating early 20th Century Castle which can be glimpsed from the house.
- Museum of Dartmoor Life, Located in Okehampton next to Tourist Information Centre, they can provide lots of information on places to visit.
- Exeter Christmas Market: The 2018 Christmas Market will take place on Cathedral Green from 15th November until 16th December 2018
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here