A multi award-winning exceptional Grade I listed, fortified manor dating back to the 1400s that has undergone extensive renovation, bringing the two embattled Peele towers back into use for the first time in more than 300 years. Blencowe Hall sits on a bluff above the small river Petteril and is encompassed by its own gardens, grounds and fields incorporating access to the river. It has views to the nearby Lakeland fells and across the rolling Eden Valley fields.
Blencowe Hall won an English Heritage Construction Conservation Award which was accorded to the 20 most outstanding projects undertaken with their supervision in 2008, an Eden District Design Award, the NWDA Conservation Award and the RICS National Conservation Award. It is 5 Star Gold Award rated by Visit England.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps 24 guests.
- 12 bedrooms, 11 bathrooms and one wet room.
- Oak panelling and beams.
- Ancient masonry walls and doorways.
- Spiral stone staircases.
- Ancient garde robes.
- Juliette balconies.
- Four poster beds.
- Sustainable wood chip central heating, the Billiards Room has a gas fired open fronted cast stove.
- Four door oven gas Aga.
- Two open fires.
- Lawned gardens with patio and barbecue.
- Onsite parking.
- Up to two well-behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Catering service available, please contact Lynn Hilditch 07775 733608.
- Bicycles may be rented for use during guest visits.
- Hot tub available to hire on request. (please see notes)
- PLEASE NOTE: Any wedding enquiries must be directed through the office.
- Minimum of a three night stay.