This beautiful detached country cottage situated in a secluded and peaceful setting boasts stunning rural views. Tastefully decorated throughout in a contemporary country style, Cherry Cottage is a warm and welcoming home from home. The property comprises of two spacious double bedrooms with integrated en-suites, one twin bedroom with two singles which can be joined to create a super king double bed on request and a family shower room. The spacious sitting room and dining room are divided by a double sided wood burning stove, while the large kitchen with AGA range has a second dining table and chairs. French doors open on to lovely paved terrace with garden furniture. The final highlight of Cherry Cottage has to be the large enclosed garden with terraced areas and an array of interesting planting.
On Cherry Cottage’s doorstep are numerous country walks to explore through fields and woodlands. The village of Ripe can also be reached on foot where you will find an excellent village shop which provides an abundance of fresh produce and selection of wines, a café with homemade treats and a pop up pub. There’s even a fish and chip van that visits the village on Thursdays! In easy driving distance of Cherry Cottage is the historic market town of Lewes, which offers restaurants, cafés, independent retailers, antique shops and a Farmers market on the first Saturday of every month. The glorious Sussex coast can be reached in under half an hour’s drive where breath-taking cliff top walks and stunning seascape views are waiting to be discovered. Being both family and dog friendly, Cherry Cottage really is an ideal rural escape for friends and family, with or without a four legged friend.
Cherrystone Barn sleeping two guests, is also available to book at this location,
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- One super-king bedroom and one king-size double bedroom, both with integrated en-suite bathrooms.
- Twin bedroom with beds which can be joined on request and separate family shower room.
- Large enclosed garden with terraced areas.
- Double sided wood burning stove.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge).
- Minimum three night stay.
- AGA, separate two ring electric hob and multifunction microwave.
- Combined fridge freezer, small fridge, and dishwasher.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Television with Sky TV in the kitchen and in the second bedroom
- Television with Sky TV, DVD player and CD player in sitting room.
- Digital radio.
- Two highchairs and two “Baby Dan” travel cots (with extra mattresses) available on request.
- Fixed stairgates in situ.
- Garden table and chairs.
- Hire of a hot tub available on request, please contact the owner for details.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- For your holiday food essentials make sure to visit Ripe Village Stores which has delicious local produce, wines and its own café serving drinks, and homemade cakes and light bites.
- Close to Ripe are some good pubs, many of which are dog-friendly pubs. Recommended places to try include The Ram Inn, The Barley Mow and the Roebuck Inn to name a few.
- A short 10 minute drive takes you to Middle Farm with its farm shop, deli, cider barn and tea shop. Middle Farm also has an open farm to visit – a great family friendly option.
- The Seven Sisters Country Park and the Cuckmere Valley are excellent spots for coastal walks and sea views, while Seaford is a quiet seaside resort with sandy beaches.
- Feeling adventurous? Flight Sport Aviation offer light sport aircraft lessons and pilot training just down the road from Cherry Cottage. Further details can be provided by your host before your stay (see Notes).
- Places of historic interest nearby include Lewes Castle, a 1000 year old Norman Castle, Michelham Priory House & Gardens and Charleston Farmhouse, once the home and country meeting place of the Bloomsbury Group.
- Glyndebourne is an English country house that hosts a variety of opera productions throughout the year.
- Families will love Drusillas Park with a zoo, soft play areas and rides suitable for all ages.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.