Fell View enjoys a beautiful location in the quiet hamlet of Cotterdale which nestles between rolling fells and lies at the end of a single track lane, 10 minutes from the market town of Hawes.
Over the lane the cottage is fronted by a trickling stream and has mature private gardens. Fell View is perfect for nature lovers, with many birds and wildlife to see including the rare red squirrel. It is also great for cyclists being about 2 miles from Buttertub Pass which was on the route of the Tour De France and for walkers with footpaths virtually from the front gate. Fell View retains many of its original features, including beamed ceilings in most rooms. It is beautifully furnished with period furnishings and modern appliances. The cottage offers a separate snug with tv/Xbox where children (or the adults) can escape, making it ideal for families.
There are many local attractions close by including Wensleydale Creamery, famous for its cheese, Dales Countryside Museum and Hardraw Force, England’s highest single drop waterfall. Fell View is also conveniently located for the Southern Lake District being about one hours drive. Fine dining at the Yorebridge Arms in Bainbridge is only a 15 minute drive and Simonstone Hall is only an 8 minute drive for traditional Yorkshire food with great views.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Two king sized bedrooms, one twin bedroom, family bathroom and ground floor shower room.
- Wood burning stove.
- Private mature garden with patio seating area and barbecue.
- Parking for two small cars.
- Children and infants in own travel cot welcome.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Large inglenook fireplace.
- Electric/gas Aga range cooker, fridge freezer, and microwave.
- Dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Two televisions, DVD player and X-Box.
- Bose iPod docking station.
- High chair and stairgate (available on request).
- Garden table and chairs.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- The Green Dragon in Hardraw offers good pub food and local music. Located 3 miles away, you can follow the footpath over the fell if you wish to walk there.
- 10 miles from Fell View, the village of Muker has many local walks over the dales. The Farmers Arms is a traditional Yorkshire Dales pub offering walkers wholesome refreshments.
- Herriots Café in Hawes serves great homemade food and caters for gluten free.
- Bolton Castle, a 35 minute drive from Cotterdale is a superb medieval fortress with daily family activities.
- Enjoy a visit to The Wensleydale Creamery, located in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Famous for its Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese, take a look inside the creamery and sample over 20 varieties produced.
- BHS approved Stone Trial Riding Centre offer a pleasing choice of differing length rides from an hour to a full day.
- The friendly team at Stainmore Railway Company have lots of locomotives to see, including one from the National Railway Museum Collection.
- With an intriguing mixture of ancient and modern history, White Scar Cave offers an 80 minute tour of underground streams and waterfalls.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.