This beautifully presented Cotswold period home for six guests comprises of a spacious open plan kitchen/dining room with snug area, separate sitting room with cosy wood burning stove, three delightful bedrooms one of which is en-suite and a family bathroom. Large French doors open from the kitchen onto a raised terrace, perfect for al fresco dining area, and a beautiful enclosed country garden beyond.
Hope Cottage is an ideal base for walking and cycling enthusiasts as stunning walks and scenery can be found just moments from your doorstep, including a 15 minute stroll to the local pub in Quenington. The cottage is situated in some of the nation’s finest countryside with cosy traditional pubs and charming towns and villages within easy reach such as Bibury, Bourton-on-the-Water, the Slaughters, Burford and Stow-on-the-Wold. Cirencester is only twenty minutes’ drive away where a wide range of shops and supermarkets can be found.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- King-size bedroom with en-suite.
- Two twin bedrooms and family bathroom.
- Wood burning stove
- Country garden with paved terrace.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Off street parking for three cars, including a car port.
- Minimum three night stay.
- Rayburn oven, separate induction hob and microwave
- Under counter fridge, under counter freezer and dishwasher.
- Two SMART televisions with Freeview.
- IPod dock.
- DVD player and Xbox 360 with selection of DVD’s and games.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request.
- Garden table and chairs seating six.
- Coal barbecue.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Just over half a mile away in the middle of Quenington is The Keepers Arms which serves locally sourced food and a great selection of ales, wines and gins.
- The nearby village of Coln St Aldwyns has the Coln Community Stores on hand for all of the essential weekend supplies such as newspapers, fresh bread and local produce, as well as a post office and coffee shop. The New Inn pub is also very popular.
- The charming village of Bibury has local attractions including Arlington Row, a row of weavers cottages built of local stone next to the River Coln, the Bibury Trout Farm and the Saxon Church of St. Mary.
- Be spoiled for choice by the wealth of splendid National Trust properties and attractive gardens nearby including Chedworth Roman Villa, Batsford Arboretum, Snowshill Manor, Hidcote and Broadway Tower.
- A great option for a family day out is Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens, or for something a little out of the ordinary visit Crocodiles of the World, the UK’s only crocodile zoo.
- The Cotswold Water Park is only a short drive from Hope Cottage and offers a great day out with opportunity to take park in a huge selection of water sports including windsurfing, water-skiing, and wakeboarding.
- Day trips to Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon, historic Oxford and the spa town of Bath can be made from this lovely country home.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.