Huntsbury Cottage is a superb four bedroom house with generous accommodation. It boasts a large open plan kitchen living room, beautiful flagstone floor with modern central island and four oven oil Aga. Large bi-fold doors open out onto the rear terrace and gardens with stunning views across open countryside.
Located in the pretty hamlet of Foscot, only ten minutes from the quintessential villages of Burford, Bourton on the Water and Stow on the Wold. There you will find delis, bakeries, cheese shops, restaurants and antique shops. Daylesford Organic Farmshop and Spa is well worth a visit. A short drive away are many award winning gastro pubs such as The Feathered Nest where you can snuggle in front of cosy log fires with stunning views across the Evenlode Valley. The Plough and Wild Rabbit, both with Michelin Stars are in nearby Kingham. Other local towns to visit are Moreton in Marsh, Chipping Campden and Broadway.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Super king size bed in master bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
- Two further bedrooms one with king size bed one with double bed.
- Ground floor twin bedroom with bath and shower.
- Wood burning stove.
- Four oven oil Aga (please see Notes).
- Landscaped garden.
- Ample parking.
- Children over 14 years old welcome.
- Sorry, no dogs.
- Minimum 2 night stay.
- Flagstone kitchen floor
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge and freezer.
- Dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Television in each bedroom and snug.
- Additional television with DVD player in kitchen/dining room.
- All rooms have access to Sky and BT sports via Magic Eye System.
- Video player and digital radio.
- Garden furniture.
- Gas barbecue.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Daylesford Organic Farm Shop and Spa is a short drive away. Have a wander around the Farm Shop where you can stock up on wonderful food, followed by a spot of lunch and during your visit, why not treat yourself to a relaxing massage in the Spa.
- For families, a visit to Adam Henson’s Cotswold Farm Park is a popular choice for a day out.
- Batsford Arboretum just the other side of Moreton in Marsh, has a wide range of plants from around the world which has an emphasis on the Far East.
- For those of you interested in the country’s heritage, the Cotswold attractions of Sudeley Castle and its Queens Gardens where four of England’s queens once walked upon the original Tudor Parterre.
- A masterpiece of Baroque architecture, Blenheim Palace is home to the 12th Duke of Marlborough and his family and the birth place of Sir Winston Churchill, Blenheim Palace is a World Heritage Site boasting a long and diverse history.
- Garden lovers can enjoy the beauty of Snowshill, Kiftsgate and Sezincote.
- Enjoy a day at the races at Cheltenham, Warwick and Stratford upon Avon, all within an hour’s drive.
- Golf courses at are available at Chipping Norton, Burford and Lyneham.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.