Renovated to an exceptional standard with contemporary fittings throughout, Barn 1 has an open plan ground floor where you have the best of both worlds. On summer evenings you relax in the sunroom with dual aspect bi-folding doors or on cooler days cosy up on the comfy sofas next to the wood burning stove. The dining area is perfectly positioned in front of the sliding glass doors with uninterrupted views over the open fields beyond. A glass corridor links the property to the existing silo, where a circular kitchen offers additional seating along the breakfast bar arrangement, with windows looking over the large secluded terrace. Ascend the steel staircase to discover the master suite taking pride of place within the silo and second galleried bedroom above the sitting room with a large drape for privacy and sliding doors leading onto a balcony overlooking the garden and surrounding countryside. There are ample grounds for you to wander around along with a well-stocked soft fruit and fresh herb garden.
Kingston is a small village surrounded by open countryside a few miles south west of Cambridge. The village has a church and village hall: the closest shop is 1 ½ miles away in Toft. Within two miles is the Bourn Golf Glub and Leisure Centre and the village of Bourn with a small shop and a butchers. The Stove farm café offers a wide range of light breakfasts, lunches and freshly baked cakes. Also in Bourn is the Willow Tree pub and Lalbagh Indian restaurant. Kingston Barns is situated within easy reach of most of most of the major routes through Cambridgeshire. There is a daily bus service from Kingston to Cambridge and the nearest train station is in the village of Shepreth, with trains to Cambridge and London.
Also available to book at this location are Kingston Barn 2 (sleeping four guests), Kingston Barn 3 (sleeping four guests) and Kingston Barn 4 (sleeping four guests).
If you are looking for a special place for celebrations or family events the whole barn is available to book as Kingston Barns (sleeping 16 guests).
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two double bedrooms with king size beds (one of which can be configured as 2’6 twin beds).
- Two en suites with wet room showers.
- Ground floor shower room.
- Wood burning stove.
- Landscaped gardens with plentiful seating areas.
- Children and infants welcome.
- This barn is only available to book Monday to Thursday during certain times of the year.
- Minimum two night stay, maximum four night stay.
- Ground floor underfloor heating.
- Oven, induction hob, microwave.
- Dishwasher, fridge freezer.
- 48” flat screen television.
- Access to a shared orangery, the length of the ground floor.
- Access to a shared laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Travel Cot (small additional charge applies) and high chair available on request (no stairgate due to design of stairs).
- Garden furniture.
- African inspired fire pit
- Petanque court with Badminton equipment
- Boule, Kubb and bicycles
- * Please note the sport equipment above is shared between the four barn.*
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Kingston Barn is just nine miles from the city of Cambridge, where there is an abundance of tourist attractions to keep the most discerning of travellers interested! The universities, museums, theatres, restaurants, nightlife, punting, excellent shopping and inspiring architecture offer a wealth of culture.
- Numerous golf courses are in easy reach, including Bourn Golf Club that also has leisure facilities under a mile away.
- A number of National Trust properties are located close by including Wimpole Hall, Anglesey Abbey and Houghton Mill.
- For wine lovers a visit to Chilford Hall vineyard which is set within 18 acres of rural countryside and a consistent producer of award winning wines.
- Enjoy a family day out at Linton Zoo which is a forty minute drive or closer by is Shepreth Wildlife Park. Wicken Fen nature reserve is home to over 9000 species and is approximately half an hours drive.
- Spend a day at Newmarket racecourse, which is a 40 minute journey by car. It also plays host to a ranges of music events and family fun days throughout the year.
- Duxford Imperial Air Museum is well worth a visit where you can stand in awe of the world’s famous aircraft, get close to Concorde, and second world war classics such as the Spitfire.
- The Orchard Tea Garden overlooking the idyllic water meadows in Grantchester make for a lovely afternoon when the sun is shining,
- See the latest updates and reviews at Kingston Barns here.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.