Orchard View is a detached oak frame property in a delightful rural position in the South Shropshire Hills, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The property has a pretty south facing patio area with views across the owners’ private farmland and woods.
The Long Mynd, Carding Mill Valley and Wenlock Edge close by provide numerous opportunities for walking, cycle routes and bridle paths which take advantage of the South Shropshire Hills. There are two golf courses, riding schools, cycle hire shops and numerous National Trust properties in the area. The closest public house serving local ales and food is one mile away, with further rural pubs also close by.
Ten minutes away is Church Stretton where antique & independent shops, a golf course, gliding club and the Carding Mill Valley can be found. The property is ideally placed to visit the medieval town of Shrewsbury with its many independent shops, and traditional farmers and craft markets. A little further is Ludlow, the foodie capital of Shropshire with its award winning Ludlow Food Centre.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms.
- One en-suite bathroom, one en-suite shower room.
- Wood burning stove.
- South facing patio with views across farmland and woods.
- Parking for two cars.
- Home Cinema System.
- Children over 7 years are welcome.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum stay two nights.
- Limestone and solid oak flooring on ground floor
- Clearview wood burning stove.
- Induction hob, oven, microwave, fridge freezer, dishwasher, washing machine.
- Outside dining furniture, barbecue and cycle shed.
- HDTV, Blu Ray/DVD player, DAB/CD radio with Bluetooth & iPod docking.
- Home Cinema System.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Local amenities can be found in Dorrington which has a village shop & post office, doctor’s surgery, butchers, public house and Persian influence restaurant.
- The property is set within the South Shropshire Hills, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Close by are the Long Mynd, Carding Mill Valley and Wenlock Edge which are perfect for walking, cycle routes and bridle paths.
- The medieval town of Shrewsbury is just over 10 miles away with its many independent shops, and traditional farmers and craft markets. Shrewsbury’s famous flower show is in August, together with other music, food and arts festivals throughout the year. Riverside restaurants, the Quarry Park & Dingle and the Theatre Severn can also be found in Shrewsbury.
- Other attractions in the area include: Ludlow Castle, Stokesay Castle, the Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre and Acton Scott Historic Working Farm near Craven Arms. Ironbridge Gorge with its interactive Museums is a short distance away.
- Mainline rail services from Crewe and Birmingham run to the local railway stations of Church Stretton and Shrewsbury respectively. Journeys from London Euston will take approximately 3 hours.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.