Park Cottage was once the gamekeeper’s cottage, and is tucked away on the Fring Estate, it has now been transformed into a luxury self-catering cottage with modern light interiors. The traditional carrstone wall exterior conceals the modern features inside. There is a large kitchen dining area with a beautiful stripped wooden floor and light floods in throughout the downstairs. This property would be perfect for a small group of friends wanting complete seclusion or a family wanting to enjoy country life, yet still be in easy reach of the coast for saltwater adventures.
Park Cottage’s private surroundings are perfect for relaxing and unwinding, there is a paved area to the front of the house with table and chairs making it the perfect spot for dining al fresco. On cooler evenings you can light the open fire and snuggle up with a book or simply relax in front of the television. Children (and adults-alike) will love the games room (with table tennis table) adjacent to the cottage, perfect when the days are not so sunny. The estate provide the facility to hire bicycles.Guests can use the three footpaths and cycle paths within the estate during their stay and maps can be found in the cottage.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Bedroom one with super kingsize bed.
- Bedroom two with kingsize bed.
- Bedroom three with twin beds.
- Family bathroom.
- Downstairs shower room.
- On-site parking
- Children welcome.
- Up to three well behaved dogs (small additional charge).
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Electric oven with separate hob.
- Microwave, fridge freezer and dishwasher.
- Sky television and DVD player.
- Games room with table tennis.
- Bicycles available to hire on request.
- Garden furniture.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Visit the stunning beaches at Brancaster or Wells, for the more adventurous, head to Hunstanton Water Sports.
- For golf lovers visit The Royal West Norfolk Golf Club or Hunstanton Golf club.
- If you enjoy nature then pay a visit to Titchwell Bird Reserve, home to terns and waders, or Snettisham RSPB .
- A ten minute drive away is Sandringham the much loved country retreat of Her Majesty The Queen set within 24 hectares of stunning grounds and the most famous stately home in Norfolk.
- In the heart of West Norfolk the ever-popular village of Burnham Market is very close by and offers numerous pubs/restaurants, boutiques and independent shops. Burham Thorpe the Birthplace of Admiral Lord Nelson is worth a visit too.
- For the best Sunday lunch around, head to No.Twenty9 in Burnham Market or the fabulous Duck Inn at Stanhoe, but make sure you book first.
- Local amenities can be found at Docking village which has a grocers, post office, fish and chip shop, and pub.
- In the morning call in at Thorham Deli for breakfast, take a picnic and head to the beach and then end your day eating some of the best Fish and Chips on the coast, Eric’s at Drove Orchards in Thornham which also boasts a smokehouse and restaurant in a yurt.
- Further afield are the stately homes and grounds of Holkham Hall and Houghton Hall.
For additional inspiration on what to do within the area, please click here.