In association with Trinity House, Rural Retreats is pleased to present Nimbus Cottage at Trevose Head Lighthouse.
Nimbus is one of four holiday cottages available at the lighthouse which is located on a headland between the sandy beaches of Harlyn and Constantine Bays, four miles west of Padstow. The Lighthouse was built in 1847, electrified in 1973 and automated in 1995. The site is not open to the public and the four cottages are sheltered beneath a headland and are 75' above the sea, accessed via a one-mile-long private road. Fine views out to sea and the chance to watch fishing boats coming in and out of Padstow.
The cottages are semi-detached, with the lighthouse positioned in the middle. At the front, there is a communal tarmac forecourt with parking. To the rear, on the sea side, there is a shared, walled, grass area which is fenced at the cliff edge. (In the interest of safety, it is recommended that guests do not use this space). The South West Coast path runs round the headland and on towards Padstow.