Redgate Farm is a thatched, 17th century, Grade II listed former farmhouse in the peaceful village of Shute. The property has a beautiful south-facing garden and fine unspoilt views over the surrounding farmland.
Shute is a charming village located between Honiton (seven miles) and Axminster (four miles) with the National Trust property of Shute Barton at its centre, and Redgate Farm was originally part of the Shute Estate. There are many local walks in the surrounding countryside. There are two local pubs a five minute drive away in Kilmington serving good food, and the nearest shops are at Colyton, a six minute drive.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps ten guests.
- Six bedrooms, two of which are within the annexe.
- One family bathroom, one en-suite bathroom and one shower room.
- Wood burning stove.
- Set in six acres of grounds.
- Landscaped gardens with herbaceous borders and large cobbles courtyard.
- A lake is 200 yards away from the house so please ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Games barn with table tennis, table football and a darts board.
- Garden leading to croquet lawn
- Paddock for ball games.
- Covered Bothy for outside entertaining. Sorry, barbecues are not permitted due to thatch.
- Onsite parking.
- Please note there are steps between some of the rooms within the property.
- Two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge), kept to the ground floor and off all furniture please.
- Minimum of a three night stay.