Riverain is an award winning conversion of the Grade II Listed former carriage house of Blencowe Hall and is set within the secluded grounds of the family owned Grade I listed Blencowe Hall Estate.
A stunning conversion of a coach house dating back to the 1700s gives Riverain its welcoming double height oak floored reception room with floor to ceiling arched windows. The huge sandstone fireplace is a focal point for cool Cumbrian evenings and a generous supply of logs as well as underfloor heating ensures guest comfort and relaxation. Riverain's private garden and parking area is set on the South facing side of Blencow and has amazing views over the hills towards Mell Fell.
Rural Retreats offer two other properties within the grounds of Blencowe Hall, Cazenovia Hall and Wythburn Cottage.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Three bedrooms, two en-suite shower rooms and one en-suite bathroom.
- An award winning conversion of the Grade II Listed sandstone carriage house of Blencowe Hall.
- Underfloor heating from sustainable air source heat pump.
- Cast iron, wood burning stove.
- Private garden with sandstone terraces.
- On-site parking.
- Secure cycle storage.
- Catering service available, please contact Lynn Hilditch 07775 733608.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog), kept to the ground floor please.
- Minimum of a three night stay.