The Old Rectory in Norfolk is a luxury self catering holiday home which stands in its own parkland next to the church surrounded by open countryside, a mile from North Tuddenham. The original rectory dated from the 16th century and the poet William Cowper stayed here when he first came to Norfolk. It was replaced in 1852 by Rev Barry, younger brother of the architect of the Houses of Parliament, who designed it himself. The holiday home has been refurbished to provide a luxury self catering venue for family gatherings. It is easily accessed from the A47, half a mile away.
The Old Rectory is set in idyllic surroundings with grounds covering 12.5 acres. There are large areas of lawn interspersed with mature shrubs and trees. The grounds also include a west facing terrace, ideal for summer barbecues, a pond (this has been fenced making it childproof), and a children's football area with two goals. The Old Rectory is an ideal outdoor holiday break with its own wood: a pathway marked by an avenue of yew trees which leads to clearings planted with bluebells, foxgloves and primroses and ideal picnic spots.
For a larger gathering, The Old Rectory and The Coach House sleeps twenty guests.